Friday 8 June 2018

In Pursuit of God's Will and Purpose for Our Lives


"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You..."Isaiah 26:3

For those of us that wonder what the will of the Lord is upon their lives; For what purpose was I created to fulfill? Which path does the Lord want me to take or what plan does He have for my life? Or for those of us who actually have no clue that God has a particular plan for each and every one of us. Unlike popular belief, God's will upon our lives is not something that has to automatically happen. We may not automatically fulfill the purpose that God fashioned us for. We have to make the choice to follow that path and pursue it. And this applies to every area of our lives, because it is His thoughts towards us and not one particular area of our lives.

I don't know about you but I am in constant pursuit of the will of the Lord upon my life. Maybe not as aggressive as I should be, but I have always wanted to know, at least since I began the walk of faith. Why? Because I know that this is where I would be best placed. 

Remember the well known verse in Jeremiah 29:11; that the Lord has great plans, o rather, thoughts of peace towards each and every one of us. Plans not to harm us, but to give us hope and a future. So yes, I am absolutely sure that this is where I would be best placed. I am the clay and so are you and the Lord God is the potter. He fashioned each one of us in a specific way. The Lord told Jeremiah that even before He formed him in the womb, the Lord knew him. Before he was born the Lord had already sanctified and ordained him for the particular purpose that he, Jeremiah, had been fashioned to fulfill Jeremiah 1:5

Our purpose in the Lord is not dependent upon our profession, education, the degree that we hold, our lack of education, our background or even the kind of environment that we grew up in. This is not the foundation because it is something that had already been determined before we came to this world. Actually, the fact that it is predetermined is the foundation and God has everything to do with it.

But I guess the best question that most of us ask is, how do I know the will of the Lord for my life. "Seek, and you will find" Matthew 7:7 From my own experience when we really want to know something and our heart yearns and we seek, the One who searches man's heart, the Lord, eventually reveals it to us. It actually says so in Jeremiah 29:12,13. And it maybe through different channels; you know like when someone says something or you hear a preaching and you know it is talking to you. 

For me, amongst other information, listening to this series by Andrew Wommack - How to Find, Follow and Fulfill God's will has been eye opening. It has actually been one of the best answers that I have gotten to this question. Whenever I ask this question or I listen on the same topic, one of the answers is you will know and even through the Holy Spirit. Which is true, the Holy Spirit guides us into all Truth, but what I think I needed is a guideline and this series has been really amazing. Pursuing and fulfilling God's Will, will bring the satisfaction, I feel, nothing else can.

So I will recommend that you listen to it. It is really resourceful. I have shared the fourth episode, Week 1 Day 4 (2 years ago), but I strongly recommend that you look for the previous episodes on You Tube. This is a continuation of episode 3 and it really helps to follow that sequence. There are more episodes, currently downloading episode 5; before we complain about Data there are amazing bundle offers that if you can actually access this article, then you can be able to download one episode and even the four very affordably and re-watch until you make that change in your life. I truly hope and pray that you do. Be blessed and heart-filled.


How to Find, Follow & Fulfill God's Will - Week 1 Day 4 - The Gospel Truth (Jan 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment