Saturday 31 March 2018

The Ultimate Sacrifice - As We Celebrate Easter

The Lord has done a mighty thing. God has done a mighty thing and He will continue to do great and mighty things. I have seen and witnessed of His wonders. As we celebrate Easter, let us be reminded of God's love for each and every one of us, which was proven on the cross. Scripture says; "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
 
God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus, to suffer and die for our sins so that we ourselves could be saved from death. We are all sinners and cannot be able to save ourselves, nor can we correct our sins on our own, rather we are forgiven by God. Scripture says that the wages of sin is death. Therefore, for our sins a ransom had to be paid, but who else could be found worthy to do this except Christ. A blameless man, who was without sin. So for the sins of the world, for our sins, so that we would be saved from death; He suffered, was put to shame and crucified on the cross, where He died. On the third day He was resurrected. Luke 28:1-7

When we celebrate Easter today, we celebrate it with joy. We celebrate and remember the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ knowing what it means for us; by believing and surrendering our lives unto Him, we attain eternal life. There is no more death for us; the body may die but the spirit lives forever. Moreover, when Christ comes back again for the judgment we will be resurrected just as He also was resurrected from the death and we shall be given the crown of life.

We were discussing with someone; you know at some point a lot of us, if not all of us have heard the call of God Romans 2:15. It may be from a lack of peace, lack of satisfaction from the things we thought would bring fulfillment, the question on our purpose in this life and so on. At the back of our mind some of us already know that it is the Lord calling for our hearts and reaching out to us. It maybe something we have been ignoring for a while, because we have probably managed to convince ourselves that by surrendering our lives to the Lord, He is taking "life" from us. I know because I have been there. 

Years ago I shared with someone how I felt like there was something missing in my life. He responded that it was probably the Lord calling out to me, which at some point I actually knew, but I kept ignoring. I thank God that by His grace today I am born again and that I found life when it can be found. He opened my eyes, from a place of darkness and unto light. Now I see the world, o rather the things of the world, for what they are. What I thought was living/ life, which is of the world, I discovered that it is what takes a little more of life out of us the deeper we get in.
Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20
Hear today as the Lord Jesus calls out you. Say yes and open up your heart to Him. Receive His love, which He has readily and generously given unto us. As for us who are born again, let us not only celebrate Christ as our Saviour, but as the Lord of our lives. Jesus is Lord and Saviour. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment