Friday 4 May 2018

My Daily Testimony

I am convinced that we all live by the grace of God, after all He is the creator and giver of life. It does not matter whether we believe in Him and His existence or whether we reject or accept Him or whether we are good or evil or whether we live by His ways or not; we all live and survive by the grace of God. "For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good" Matthew 5:45. So it does not matter in what state we are in, we can only rely upon God. Neither do we know at what time or when we will take our last breath.
Are there any among the idols of the nations that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are you not He, O Lord our God?..." Jeremiah 14:22
I look at my life now and I know that I am relying on His grace Each day; not just today or now and then. Sometimes I wonder if the shortcomings we have are there to remind us that we all rely upon His love and mercies. I wonder does He say, "I have got this, it's Me, don't think too big of yourself..." That our success, excellence and our skills in different areas, et cetera are not necessarily up to us. But then again Scripture says that we are not tempted by God, "for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone." But we are tempted when we are drawn away by our own desires James 1:13-15. Nor can we pin wars and fights on Him, for they too come from the same desires James 4

Any way, it is my shortcomings that keep me humbled. They remind me that I have nothing to boast about, that I am not so perfect either; and even on days when I want to or have pointed a finger, I am taken back to His mercies for me. Therefore, from such a perspective I can show more empathy, be more understanding, cool back down when I am fired up, be slow to point a finger, correct with love and show the same mercy that I have been show. My daily testimony is that I count on His mercies each day, each moment.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, Not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8,9
Do you ever feel humbled to have a different perspective of people's shortcomings or flaws because of your own experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment