Friday 2 February 2018

Sharing Our Testimonies for God's Glory

Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you... Luke 8:39
I was reminded today that one of the most significant things about overcoming challenges and milestones, by the Grace of God, is to testify. God expects us to testify of all the good things He has done in our lives. He expects us to testify about how we found hope where there was no hope; how we found solutions by His grace when we thought we had reached the end and there was no other way around the challenge that we were going through. 

We should carry our testimonies around with us, sharing them in order to give glory unto the Lord and also encourage others. Remember the blind man whom Jesus healed. The disciples asked why he had been born blind, if his parents had sinned. Jesus answered that this was not so, but it was for the purpose for such a time as that; "that the works of God should be revealed in Him" John 9:1-7. This goes on to show us that we should glorify God with the things that He has done for us. It is important that we do not just sit and keep the testimonies that we have to ourselves. We should not get tired of retelling them either. You never know who may be listening. Someone may be needing of our encouragement today. Someone may need to hear that even their kind of situation can be overcome through God.

Share your testimonies with others. Do not be ashamed nor fear. Even Salvation is a testimony. Today I feel strongly about this.

"My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not  know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of your righteousness, of Yours only. O God You have taught me from my youth; and to this day I declare Your  wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come." Psalms 71:15-18

No comments:

Post a Comment