Friday 21 September 2018

Living in the Knowledge of God (Life in Salvation)

"a man of knowledge increases strength;" Proverbs 24:5

Until recently, whenever I prayed for someone to be healed, I would end the prayer with, "nevertheless, let Your will be done." This is because there is this verse in James 4:15 that teaches us to live, speak and do things, while acknowledging the role that God plays in our lives. This is actually something that a lot of us have grown up hearing, in talk and in prayer "according to the will of God." And it is true, it is the Word of God, so it is Truth; until it is spoken without knowledge, the knowledge of God and His Word.

I'm probably not making sense now, ha..Someone mentioned just how we can step out of context when we concentrate on a certain part of the Scripture, maybe on a certain verse, without the knowledge of what the rest of the word of God says. For instance, "Ask and you shall receive", but then we do not ask according to the word of God. So we are probably not aware of this other verse in James 4:3 that says "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss..."

What I'm I driving at? Here I was asking for a person's healing, yet ending with "above all Your will be done". A prayer made without knowledge. Because, for one "by the stripes of Christ we were healed" 1 Peter 2:24 and everyone who receives Christ, receives that healing too. Secondly, God loves us John 3:16 and so He wants the best for us. Refer also to Matthew 7:11, Luke 11:5-13; we will not ask for fish and the Lord gives us a snake instead. 

Thirdly, Christ charged His disciples to go and heal the sick. Such a prayer makes the assumption that God may not want to heal the person.  I probably made these kinds of prayers because we've made prayers before and sometimes seen no healing. So we make the assumption that if God wanted to, He would do it. Reading a book (Better Way to Pray- Andrew Wommack) that I shared on my page, really opened my eyes a lot on the part  that the knowledge of God plays in the life of a believer.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6.

There is a lot to talk about. I also have so much to learn still. The book of Galatians 5:22, also talks of the fruit of the Spirit. Note the Fruit not fruits, so if as a believer you have one "element" of that fruit, you also have the others. The fruit is "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." I heard a pastor express how at a certain point in his life he was filled with sadness, but then remembered, wait I have the fruit of joy. So my spirit is joyful. What is in the spirit can manifest in the flesh. The next verse in Galatians goes on to say that, "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."25 
 
Generally, living in the knowledge of who God is and who we are in God as believers, is key in our walk of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment